Tonight was pretty weird.
Got into the airport pretty early this morning and was actually able to get some sleep on the plane. It didn't take long to get to the hotel to drop off my bags and then I went on a walk in San Diego because it was such a beautiful day (60 degrees) coming from the 27 degree weather in Chicago.
Anyways, get back from the walk after getting some lunch and snacks for the ship and decided to take a nap since I haven't slept much in the past few days and do some miscellaneous tasks. Set up this blog, set up my emails, etc. Around 10:10ish, I decided to go out and as soon as I walk out of the hotel front door this lady starts talking to me like she has known me her whole life. She starts talking about how she got a psychic reading and one psychic put a curse on her and another psychic said she would help remove the curse. Then she started talking about how she was like a promoter and she was organizing a trip to Ghana for 30-40 people and people keep contacting her about marketing their stuff cause she's really good at what she does. Then she starts talking about her ex who beat her one time and then she left him because shes too cute to be dealing with all that. Basically a whole life synopsis.
Crazy.
Keep in mind that during this whole time I was was just trying to go get some dinner and she didn't stop talking until around 10:45ish. But not before inviting me to breakfast with her tomorrow morning at 9:05am to meet the psychic that told her she was about to come into some money and that the other psychic put a hex or something on her.
Crazy day, but I guess it's all a part of the adventure.
In other news, I had some really cool Lyft drivers today. One was from Hawaii and did the whole corporate thing for 8 years and hated it, so he became a Lyft driver and was a pretty cool guy. Another guy was from Maryland and came out to San Diego to visit a friend and ended up staying and became a Lyft driver. So, shoutout to all the Lyft drivers in San Diego! Y'all are some pretty cool people.
Lastly, San Diego is absolutely beautiful. I'm definitely going to have to visit here again and stay for longer than 2 days!
That's it for tonight, I'm still debating on whether or not to go to that breakfast tomorrow in the hotel with the lady meeting the psychic lol. We'll see how I feel in the morning.
Also get to meet some fellow Semester at Sea people tomorrow at the hotel we're all staying at, so I'm pretty excited for that!
Thanks again for tuning in and as my little sister just recently started saying, "You do what you want when you poppin!" Everybody, stay poppin.
No comments:
Post a Comment