Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 6 (1/10/16) B2



Wow!
I saw the sunset today and it was the most gorgeous thing ever. We are close enough to Hawai’i that there are birds here flying near the ship. We are like 577 nautical miles away from Hawai’i but I’m hoping tomorrow that we’ll get close enough to Hawai’i to be able to get a signal and be able to send these blogs out finally. Sorry for the wait again!
Also, today we had a meeting with the diversity and inclusion group and the students that wanted to start the BSU, including myself, decided to not create a separate group for the BSU. Instead, we decided that the diversity and inclusion group was best because then we will get to talk about how each of us felt and how we were treated while in each country. We are planning on having another meeting within the next week and will hopefully decide on meeting after each port for our discussion. We still want to be able to do something for Black History Month next month and are planning a couple events out on our own including a cultural dinner if possible, a movie night, and even a performance of some type like an open mic. I’m glad it turned out the way it did because now we are able to open our eyes to even more cultures and perceptions.
In other news, I spent way too much money today on the ship, but it all kind of balanced out because I haven’t been spending much on the other days. I bought a ton of water today and also decided to buy dinner at the grill because the main meals were getting really boring and tasteless. But I decided I will not be buying any more meals and only buying water until our study day before japan. Maybe a smoothie here or there as well.
Synopsis: Got the early start I needed this morning when my neighbor came to wake me up! I worked out too! Then did some homework due today, ate lunch on the deck. In fact I was outside for most of the day. My classes in the theater put me to sleep every because it is so dark and you can feel the rocking of the boat a lot in there so I can’t help but doze off for a couple min. It was kind of funny because my whole row dozed off at the same time. But after my second class and before dinner I went out to see that beautiful sunset and it was awesome. I missed the table tennis meeting though and could only stay at the hip hop dance meeting for 15min before I had to go to the ethnic club meeting. I don’t like the hip hop dance club much because there is way too much spinning around. I felt like I was about to fall off the ship. Also study with my study group again tonight and we actually got a lot of work done. I even finished some of my homework that’s due after Hawai’i.
Today was yet another great day.
Quote:
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment