Land! It’s about time because the food is starting to get
really dry.
Tomorrow we officially reach
Hawai’i even though we are close enough to get a signal on our phones tonight.
I made a couple calls and still have to call my aunt at some point tomorrow.
Its like 3am as im writing this. Im excited for Hawai’i and my field lab so its
kinda hard to sleep. Aslo my phone calls earlier lasted longer than expected,
but its okay since we’re still technically in America and I’m not using my
international phone plan yet.
I’m really starting to like my
intercultural communications course because it talks a lot about being
accepting and willing to learn from other cultures instead of thinking our own
culture is better than others. Valuable lessons everywhere.
Also, I’ll be setting up my blog
sometime “today,” since its 3am, so that I can just send an email and it’ll
post on my blog. So soon they’ll be blog updates every night and you can read
it before you go to work or whatever it is that you do in the morning.
In between my class at 930 and
1610, I was gonna do homework until I realized that all my home work was done
until I get back on the ship today after my field lab. Unfortunately I have to
right a 5pg paper about my experiences in port, so that’s what I’ll be doing
tomorrow night.
In terms of the BSU, we had a
meeting tonight and got the planning started for Black History Month and we’re
going to be submitting that to the club director tomorrow to see if we can get
the events approved. Also turns out that stepping may not be able to happen
because there have been complaints from the crew about noise and stepping
definitely doesn’t help. But we’ll see because there is a stage in our assembly
hall on the ship that would probably be better for stepping. Even if that
doesn’t happen, we still have a ton of other stuff planned.
Synopsis of the day: I woke up
early yet again and got a good start to the day until my roommate took forever
and a half to take a shower and almost made me late for class. After class I
went to the side of the 7th deck to relax and enjoy some sun and the
great view. Then it was lunch which was pretty terrible and I ended up getting
a banana split at the pool deck. It was a pretty relaxing day and after the
pool deck my roommate and I were having some good conversation with our
neighbor. I made it to class and the Hawai’i group had to do their hour long
presentation in class today. Luckily mine isn’t until Vietnam, which is kinda
around the corner, but we’ll figure it out. Anyways, after class I went to
dinner to hang out with some people from the BSU and we stayed there until it
was time for our logistical pre-port for Hawai’i. After that was out meeting to
configure the BSU itinerary for February, then cards for the rest of the night.
I went up on the deck and was planning on staying up all night but my phone started
dying after my long conversations on the phone and I actually passed out midway
through writing this. I was able to get up for the sunrise, but I’ll talk more
about that in my next blog.
Until then, thanks for reading!
Quote:
“When in Hawai’i”
No comments:
Post a Comment