Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 4 (1/8/16) B1



Heads up, the B1 in the title refers to what day it was for us. Meaning that I had my B day classes. We have A and B days while at sea which determine which classes we will go to.
In other news I did not wake up nearly as early as I had planned this morning, but I did wake up at 10 and finally finished unpacking! All my clothes are hung up and I got the change to go to the bookstore and splurge a bit as well as doing some homework.
Today was even more beautiful that yesterday and they opened up the pool on the top deck.
I got all the things on my computer that I need to have for class and things, so I am 100 percent prepared for tomorrow. I signed up for a spot in the gym in the morning before my 930 class so tomorrow is gonna be a good day.
Today was a pretty good day too since I woke up before 12 finally, but I still don’t think I’m gonna make it to breakfast ever. Also my classes are in the theater room that makes everyone fall asleep. It was also really hot in the classroom and I couldn’t help but doze off for a few min.
I sat outside the library between classes to read some of my homework and things. Not really sure what I did today besides talk to mad people again. I can feel my communication skills growing stronger every day!
The last day for add/drop was today so everyone’s internet was shut off who wasn’t adding or dropping for like 3 hours. That sucked a bit because I couldn’t respond to any of my emails for a while.
Also after my second class and dinner with like all my hall mates, I headed to the pool deck to chill with some of the Latin American and Hispanic people. Turns out I learned quite a bit from my Spanish class last semester because I could kind of hold a conversation.
After that I ended up doing homework with a group black students and we talked about starting a Black Student Union (BSU) on the boat since we will be here for Black History Month. There are around 15 of us on the ship but it wouldn’t be a closed group or anything. Also one of the girls talked about how they had a BSU on her previous voyage and it was awesome because they did everything together during the voyage. So I’m pretty excited for that. One of the girls is talking to the club director since the club director happens to be her resident director also.
Welp, that all for today and I’m just hoping that we get the BSU started cause I think it would be great for the voyage.
Quote of the Day:
“Strength does not have to be belligerent and loud”
Bonus quote:
“I need a vacation!” –my roommate
“You are on vacation!!” –everyone else on the ship
Its important remember that we are traveling around the world for a semester and we have the opportunity to learn so much about ourselves, others, and new cultures. That, to me, is the essence of a good vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment